Simple ways AIP Mobility Plus in Chatham can help you to age in place safely:
“Aging in Place” (AIP) safely involves making adjustments and modifications to your home and lifestyle to ensure comfort and security as you grow older. Here are some simple ways to enhance safety for aging in place. Simple ways AIP Mobility Plus can help you to age in place safely:
- Install Grab Bars: Place grab bars in bathrooms, especially near toilets and in showers or bath areas, to provide support and prevent slips and falls.
- Install Stairlifts: Climbing stairs can suddenly feel like climbing a mountain as we age. Stairlifts take the risk of falling away, allowing you to stay in the home and community that you love.
- Improve Lighting: Ensure adequate lighting in all areas of your home to reduce the risk of tripping. Use bright, energy-efficient bulbs and consider motion-activated lights in key areas.
- Remove Tripping Hazards: Keep walkways clear of clutter, loose rugs, and other tripping hazards. Secure carpets and rugs with non-slip backing or double-sided tape.
- Install Handrails: If you have stairs, install handrails on both sides to provide support and stability when going up or down.
- Consider Smart Home Technology: Use smart home devices such as smart thermostats, security systems, and voice-activated assistants to enhance convenience and safety.
- Bathroom Modifications: Install a raised toilet seat, non-slip mats, and a shower chair if needed. Consider a walk-in tub or curbless shower for easier access.
- Adapt Kitchen Appliances: Ensure that kitchen items are within easy reach. Consider installing pull-out shelves, lowering countertops, and using appliances with large, easy-to-read controls.
- Emergency Response System: Invest in a personal emergency response system (PERS) that allows you to call for help in case of a fall or emergency.
- Regular Home Maintenance: Keep up with home maintenance tasks to address potential safety issues. This includes checking and repairing loose handrails, uneven flooring, or any other potential hazards.
- Social Connection: Stay socially connected with friends, family, and neighbors. Social interaction can have positive effects on mental and emotional well-being.
- Regular Checkups: Schedule regular checkups with healthcare professionals to address any health concerns promptly and ensure that your living situation continues to meet your needs.
By incorporating these simple modifications and practices, you can create a safer and more comfortable environment for aging in place. AIP Mobility Plus in Chatham ( A Veteran Owned Company) is able to help you with all of the above.
Helping You Keep Your Independence at Home
AIP Mobility Plus is a Veteran owned business in Morris County, NJ that is dedicated to providing you with safer mobility at home helping you to keep your independence and stay in your own home for longer. We can provide a range of options to make your home more accessible with stair lifts, ramps, and bathroom safety options.
Call 973-607-3211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.